What can you race?
CSRG is the home for cool, unusual and special race cars that are, generally speaking, over 30 years old. From the 1940’s to the 1990’s, CSRG has a race group that will provide great racing for any authentic, well prepared race car. So contact us if you have a car, or are considering a car to buy and we can see where you fit in. Whether it has spent its life as a race car, or it was built up, as a vintage race car, CSRG is a great place to use it properly.
- G1 - Sports and GT Cars as raced prior to 1963
- G2 - Small Displacement Production Sports Cars through 1972
- G3 - Large Displacement Production Sports Cars through 1972
- G4 - Small Displacement Sports Racing Cars through 1967 & USRRC Racing Cars
- G5 - Small displacement open-wheel formula cars, Formula B, Formula Junior, Formula Vee
- G6 - Formula Ford open-wheel Cars
- G7 - Formula Atlantic, Super Vee, Formula 5000, FIA 2 liter cars, Can Am, Formula 1
- G8 - SCCA Trans-Am, A, B, & C Sedans & IMSA GTU & GTO cars & compatible production-based contemporary ’68-’90 cars
RACE GROUP 1
Late 30s, through early 60’s sports, specials, production and GT cars. Alfas, Jags, early Porsches, Austin Healeys, Elvas and more. This is the most vintage group, with beautiful cars, skinny tires, lots of drifting and tasteful driving. Bear in mind that this is where a lot of sports prototypes (Lotus 11s, 17s, etc as well as old GP cars run.
RACE GROUP 4
Beautiful fast and historic late 50s through late 60s sports racing cars of over and under two liters, and light sports cars at higher state of prep. This is the home of Lotus 23s, Merlyn's, Bobsys, early Lola’s, Lotus Europas, Lotus 7’s, Maseratis and more. This is also the home of the USRRC series.
RACE GROUP 6
1969-1980 Formula Ford. Run in two classes, Historic Ford and Club Ford, this large racy group relives the golden age of Formula Ford. This is also the home of the Crossflow Cup Championship.
RACE GROUP 7
Fast slicks and Wings is where very fast, loud sports racing and formula cars run. Eligible cars include (but not limited to) 1971-1984 Formula Atlantic Cars and winged Formula B cars 1972-1980 Formula 2 cars Pre- 1988 Formula Super Vee, Formula Continental Pre-1985 Formula 1 and Formula 5000 cars FIA two liter sports racing cars and Can-Am cars of all eras.